Monday, December 23, 2013

More Cristmas Movies You Should Watch

In 25 Christmas Movies You Should Watch I brought you my family's favorite holiday movies and invited you, my readers, to share with me your favorite holiday films. A hearty thanks to all who participated and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

So here we go, in no particular order...

Bad Santa (2003)
Nothing could be more Christmas-y than robbing department stores, right? And who has more access than Santa and his little helper? Throw in a little sex, a lot of alcohol, and more than a few swear words and you've got Bad Santa.

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
After witnessing his parents' slaughter at the hands of a man dressed as Santa, Billy enters an orphanage only to be abused by the nun in charge. As a grown up, Billy has to take the place of an ill Santa in the store in which he works. He cracks under the pressure and goes on a murderous rampage all the way back to the orphanage.

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas (1977)
How dare I forget my husband's favorite Christmas classic on my original Christmas list? Jim Henson created Emmet Otter's world complete with otters. porcupines, lizards, rabbits, snakes, bears, opossums, and so much more. A take on "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry, Emmet and his mother each sacrifice something in order to have a chance at giving the other the best Christmas present ever.

Love Actually (2003)
Love Actually is one of those few all-star cast movies that I think works really well. Sometimes these movies end up being a big pile-up and sometimes they are just right, with stories weaving in and out of each other without that messy crash ending. One of the things I really liked about this movie is that it affects all types of people at all social levels, stages of life, and parts of their relationships.

This may not have been a big list, but it was definitely a very eclectic list. I don't think we've left any genre out on this one. Thanks for playing along! Merry Christmas! And look for my favorite love stories coming in (when else?) February.

No comments:

Post a Comment