Thursday, May 30, 2013

Christian Brothers Automotive

Yesterday was a busy day for me which is why I failed to post a review. I had to get my state inspection done on one of our vehicles. A chore I dread. In fact any job having to do with cars, I put off for as long as I can. I started saving them for those days I need a shave and a shower. I put on my baggiest clothes, pull my greasy hair into a pony tail and walk in wearing my high-waisted mom shorts and about a weeks worth of growth on my legs. You'd think it would be a deterrent.

I took the opportunity to patronize a new place of business. (Well, new to me.) I ventured down the road to Christian Brothers Automotive. The parking lot was full when I drove in, which is either a good or bad sign depending on which way you look at it. I pulled in thinking, "They must be good at what they do, but dang it! I'm going to have to wait forever!" Surprisingly the lobby was empty. I don't know where all the other car owners were, but they weren't waiting impatiently inside.

I was greeted very promptly and very professionally by the manager, Mike. He warned me that it may take a while before they could squeeze me in, but I was expecting to have to wait anyway so all was well. I'd like to say that I waited until the end of the month to get my state inspection done just so I could squeeze it in when everyone else was trying to squeeze theirs in and see how the business handled the pressure, but, the truth is, I'm just lazy. And forgetful. At any rate, Mike promised to have it done as soon as possible and offered me a  cool frosty beverage.

One thing that I noticed about the lobby was that there was no television, very few magazines and copies of the New Testament on the tables. Everything was clean and actually didn't smell like grease monkeys. I settled in with my water and proceeded to read and play games on my Kindle. A little while later a young mother and her toddler walked in for a scheduled repair. Mike the manager was right on top of things. A part hadn't been ordered correctly, but rather than reschedule the customer he got right on the phone to have it delivered immediately and made arrangements for mom and son to go home and relax while the repair was being made. While doing this another, less agreeable, customer came in to inquire about why he was still waiting. I was really impressed with the way in which both situations were handled. The phone conversation with the shop was put on hold and the grumpy man was taken outside to, I assume, explain his situation. Then Mike returned and continued his phone conversation ordering parts. The customer was put first. In fact the shop was run so efficiently that my car was fit in during a stopping point during a brake job and I was in and out with my new inspection sticker in about 30 minutes.

And not once did anyone hit on me, try to look down my shirt, or offer me a 'discount' on a service I didn't need. At least I've been smart enough to say that I'll have my own mechanic look at my car before I have any work done. Not to be sexist, but I know as much about cars as most other women do. And have about as much interest in learning. I can check my fluids and air pressure and I can change a tire, but that's about it. I might be more inclined to learn if I didn't have to get so oily.

The Verdict

Definitely a 5/5 for customer service. I will go back there again when I need anything else done and tell you how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment